1927. The steam-powered machinery is replaced by an electrical system.
1933-1934. This was when the main change was made. Due to the increase in wheeled traffic, the mesh (Arnodin-type) deck was replaced. The parabolic cables were replaced, the anchor blocks were reinforced to support the new platform and the payload of the gondola was increased to 26 tonnes.
1945. The basket, destroyed by the German army, was rebuilt.
1958. The parabolic cables were replaced again.
1967. It stopped working.
1976-1994. In 1976 it was declared a Historic Monument. In the following years major repair and restoration work was carried out (towers, access, suspension system, paintwork, new basket and new machinery) and in 1994 it was reopened to pedestrians and cyclists.
2016-2019 After 20 years in operation, further work began, focusing on restoring the bridge to its original state (1900). Among other things, this includes replacing the deck and suspension system, painting and replacing the service stairs.